Thursday, July 18, 2013

Garage Sale Hunting


We have been having such a fun time doing all of these crafts that we had to just keep it going!  We have been hitting up garage sales all over the area.  Our first hits were right here in Cornwall.  We found this small, wobbly two tier table and a plain white cubbie unit each for just $3.  I was too excited to get working on the projects that I forgot to take before photos of the cubbie :(  At the next garage sale we found a plain white dresser for $3 that looked like it matched the cubbie so I transformed them together. 

For the two tier table we sturdied it up in the workshop and sanded it down.  A new life was brought to the table with a fresh coat of black paint.  We lined the two surfaces with a vinyl print material, perfect for a tabletop since cleanup will be extremely easy if there happens to be any spills.  And here is the final table:



 As for the cubbies and dresser I went with a kids theme.  Since the top surfaces had a few water stains and scuffs I covered the top with a nice patterned green contact paper.  I added backs to the cubbies that did not have a back and fixed up the back of the dresser.  I painted the cubbies and the dresser drawers with kids themed colors. 



The results are perfect for a kids room or a play room









No comments:

Post a Comment